You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18th May 2018.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information about you when you use our desktop or mobile website.
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
1. Name (First Name, Surname, Salutation)
3. Phone number
4. Email address
5. The date and time you used our services
6. Marketing preferences
7. The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for.
8. Your IP address
9. The internet browser and devices you are using
11. The website address from which you accessed our website
12. Any information within correspondence you send to us
HOW IS THIS INFORMATION USED?
The Caverswall English China Company Limited only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time).
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service. There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
We may use and process your information to:
1. Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details provided within the 'How can I manage the information we hold about you' section below or, in relation to any e-mail marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe link included in the footer of all marketing e-mail messages.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders and other transactions entered into with us.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
1. To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us.
2. To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, applications and customer services are more useful and enjoyable.
3. To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in.
4. To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time.
5. To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from a trade show or an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing.
6. To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us.
8. To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes.
9. To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer.
10. For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
11. To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you as you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request).
12. To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies. We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements.
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We do not sell your information to third parties.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary. If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
1. The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner.
2. Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query.
3. You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further How can I manage the information we hold about you).
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested). You have the right to:
1. Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
2. Correct and update your information;
3. Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see further 'How is this information used' section;
4. Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
5. Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
6. Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
Unit 9 Berryhill Rd, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2PQ
+44 (0) 7717 438067
If you have any specific data protection concerns or a complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Team firstname.lastname@example.org